By Eli M. Mizrahi MD, Richard A. Hrachovy MD
"This e-book has been included with on hand details and present instructions, and provides a entire view to be had for execs together with trainees, technologists and skilled neurologists on the topic of neonatal EEG and epilepsy. i think this publication might be a truly worthwhile reference for epileptologists assembly their scientific wishes about the interpretation of neonatal EEG."
--Jin Jun Luo, MD, PHD, Temple collage, Neurological Cases
This accomplished atlas offers the medical perform of neonatal electroencephalography (EEG) via textual content, references, and precise figures demonstrating general and irregular good points of the neonatal EEG from the main untimely toddler to at least one month post-term. each one bankruptcy comprises dozens of full-page EEG photos, in addition to designated legends that position them in context, to stress particular elements of the neonatal EEG as a benchmark for spotting signature features and reading medical information. For the recent Fourth variation, Eli Mizrahi and Richard Hrachovy, tested experts in neonatal neurophysiology, have distilled the advances of the final ten years and supplied the newest and most sensible references for every bankruptcy, updating their crucial atlas to mirror present examine and perform throughout.
Atlas of Neonatal Electroencephalography is a novel atlas, unequalled within the breadth of its assurance and point of element in proposing examples of ordinary and irregular recordings of neonatal EEG styles at various younger a long time. This variation contains many new electronic figures which emphasize findings within the untimely child, artifacts, and irregular positive aspects, and increased discussions of age-dependent beneficial properties of sleep and bedside tracking. Designed to entice working towards neurologists, neurophysiologists, epileptologists, and electroneurodiagnostic technologists, this ebook is a must have for a person focused on recording and examining neonatal EEG readouts. Trainees also will locate this atlas to be an approachable and an important consultant to the improvement of the child brain.
- Contains greater than 250 EEG figures, together with greater than 60 new to this edition
- Presents finished full-page examples of neonatal EEG from prematurity to term
- Includes chapters on method of visible research and interpretation, technical points of recording, artifacts, basic neonatal EEG of untimely and time period babies, styles of doubtful diagnostic importance, irregular neonatal EEG of untimely and time period babies, and neonatal seizures
- Updated to mirror present references and medical perform guidelines
- Comprehensive assessment and synthesis of historic and present clinical literature in relation to neonatal EEG