By Levon Michael Khachigian
Weak plaque improvement is the results of a posh sequence of molecular and mobile occasions concerning irritation, apoptosis, rupture, and thrombosis. a close realizing of the mechanisms underlying the improvement of high-risk plaques, besides the facility to imagine and diagnose those weak lesions, will bring about the powerful administration of acute coronary syndromes.
High-Risk Atherosclerotic Plaques: Mechanisms, Imaging, types, and treatment brings jointly well timed, in-depth reports via well known foreign cardiologists and scientists. Chapters hide the definition, constitution, and mobile and molecular mechanisms of excessive threat plaque improvement, in addition to animal versions of susceptible plaque, plaque imaging, and present and destiny cures. medical examiners speak about intravascular ultrasound, optimum coherence tomography, magnetic resonance imaging, and coronary thermography. the ultimate bankruptcy stories either present and destiny neighborhood and systematic options for the healing administration of weak plaque.
Exploring all features of this first explanation for acute coronary syndromes, this informative e-book updates our wisdom at the detection and therapy of susceptible plaques. it's a necessary source which can drastically increase the development in therapy and prevention.
Read or Download High-Risk Atherosclerotic Plaques Mechanisms, Imaging, Models, and Therapy PDF
Similar cardiovascular books
This can be a 3-in-1 reference ebook. It supplies a whole scientific dictionary protecting 1000s of phrases and expressions with regards to center palpitations. It additionally provides vast lists of bibliographic citations. eventually, it offers info to clients on how you can replace their wisdom utilizing quite a few net assets.
The recent e-book from the writer of the unique vintage textual content Hurst's the center! This cutting edge reference offers a method for analyzing person electrocardiograms (EKGs) in response to basic ideas of electrocardiography and vector suggestions, instead of hoping on a physician's skill to remember the shapes and styles of a mess of tracings.
Compiled from electrocardiographic information on greater than 1,800 basic newborns, babies, childrens, and young people, this useful reference can provide quickly entry to the bounds of normality in order that information from somebody sufferer could be fast interpreted when it comes to comparability to the final inhabitants.
Atlas of Cardiovascular MR, by way of Christopher M. Kramer, MD and W. Gregory Hundley, MD, offers the wealthy visible counsel you want to successfully diagnose cardiovascular difficulties utilizing the most recent cardiac magnetic resonance imaging methods. utilizing a case-based method, this new medical reference explains tips on how to choose and enforce the simplest imaging recommendations for all sorts of heart problems and indicates you ways to interpret your findings.
- EKG Plain and Simple (4th Edition)
- ECG at a Glance
- Echocardiography Pocket Guide: The Transthoracic Examination (Echocardiography Pocket Guides)
- 2010 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care Science
- Comprehensive lipid testing and management
Additional resources for High-Risk Atherosclerotic Plaques Mechanisms, Imaging, Models, and Therapy
35. Kockx MM. Apoptosis in the atherosclerotic plaque: quantitative and qualitative aspects. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 1998, 18: 1519–1522. 36. Boyle J, Bowyer D, Weissberg P, and Bennett M. Human blood-derived macrophages induce apoptosis in human plaque-derived vascular smooth muscle cells by Fas ligand/Fas interactions. Art Thromb Vasc Biol 2001, 21: 1402–1407. 37. Boyle JJ, Weissberg PL, and Bennett MR. Human macrophage-induced vascular smooth muscle cell apoptosis requires NO enhancement of Fas/Fas-L interactions.
6. Bauriedel G, Hutter R, Welsch U, Bach R, Sievert H, and Luderitz B. Role of smooth muscle cell death in advanced coronary primary lesions: implications for plaque instability. Cardiovasc Res 1999, 41: 480–488. 7. Mallat Z, Hugel B, Ohan J, Leseche G, Freyssinet JM, and Tedgui A. Shed membrane microparticles with procoagulant potential in human atherosclerotic plaques: a role for apoptosis in plaque thrombogenicity. Circulation 1999, 99: 348–353. 8. Mallat Z, Benamer H, Hugel B, Benessiano P, Steg P, Freyssinet J, and Tedgui A.
Niemann-Jonsson A, Ares MP, Yan ZQ, Bu DX, Fredrikson GN, Branen L, PornAres I, Nilsson AH, and Nilsson J. Increased rate of apoptosis in intimal arterial smooth muscle cells through endogenous activation of TNF receptors. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 2001, 21: 1909–1914. 50. Boyle J, Weissberg P, and Bennett M. Tumour necrosis factor promotes macrophageinduced vascular smooth muscle cell apoptosis by direct and autocrine mechanisms. Arterioscl Thromb Vasc Biol 2003, 23: 1553–1558. 51. Seshiah PN, Kereiakes DJ, Vasudevan SS, Lopes N, Su BY, Flavahan NA, and Goldschmidt-Clermont PJ.